Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 Days

So it's been 10 days and I have gotten out 6 days total.  So far a cold day of skiing at Copper which was ok...We have gotten so spoiled by the storms that anything under 5 inches is uninteresting.  I mean this is the first season I haved craved big skis...like 130 underfoot big.  Anyway, the day started with the car thermometer reading -7.  I ended up with 15,810 feet of vertical descent which I don't think was bad for a day you wished you had a down suit.  I also have logged 5 days of Ice climbing and 16 pitches.  It has been cold in Denver so the falls in Clear Creek Canyon froze up.  Brandon and I took advantage of the cold snap and got on the first pitch of Coors Lite which was thin but climbable.  The other 4 days were at the Ouray Ice Fest which I will post a trip report of seperately. 

Here are some pics...the first pitch of this climb has three separate steps and the pictures only show the first.

Me on Coors Lite

Brandon getting on his first ice climb ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment